16 Things Great Leaders Do Every Day
Photo Credits _eWalter_
Leaders come in all varieties and are not limited by their title or position – instead, leaders are characterized by a set of traits they possess and represent on a daily basis. How many of the following do you do every day? Where can you improve?
- Wake up early.
- Eat a nutritional breakfast.
- Greet their team with positive enthusiasm.
- Prioritize their responsibilities for the day.
- Make tough decisions with a combination of instinct, experience and data.
- Show sincere appreciation for their team and the hard work they contribute.
- Delegate responsibilities with faith the job will be done well.
- Focus on the short- and long-term goals when making decisions.
- Check in with their team to see how they are doing individually and as a group.
- Take breaks to refocus and relieve stress.
- Make exercising a priority.
- Spend quality time with those closest to you.
- Read books that further the learning process.
- Plan priorities for the next day.
- Face challenges with confidence and determination to succeed.
- Inspire their team by living the vision and staying positive.
Acting as a leader means you are there both for the success of the company, and the success of the people you work with. It also means working hard to find solutions to challenges and staying up late to solve problems. This takes a lot of energy so it is vitally important to take care of your physical self as well through healthy eating, rest, time for relaxation and exercise.
What traits do you see in leaders around you on a daily basis?